In my previous post “Why Does My Foot Hurt“, I discussed what plantar fasciitis is.
In this post, I’ll share my top 7 tips and suggestions to help heal the foot:
- Help your body internally with CBD Oil for inflammation, pain, anxiety, and depression. Depending on your pain level, 500 mg or 1250 mg strength is recommended. 1-2 full droppers daily or as needed since everyone’s pain level is different.
- Give your foot a rest and modify the workouts.
- If you run or walk, switch to an exercise with not as much pressure on the foot such a swimming, Pilates, upper body weight training, focused core workouts, etc.
- Sit when you can and elevate the foot.
- Ice the foot 10 minutes on 10 minutes off two to three times a day – this will help to reduce the swelling. (I’ve used a frozen bag of peas if I didn’t have an ice pack available)
- Soak your foot an Epsom salt bath. Use a bucket or even a large plastic food storage container, add warm water, 1 cup Epsom salt, and 1/2 dropper of CBD Oil to the water. Let the Epsom salt dilute, place foot in water and let soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Massage your arches. First, apply Nature’s Gem Rejuvenating Balm to the foot (ideally after Epsom salt bath) to help with swelling. Second, using your knuckles and gently knead and massage up and down the arch of the foot. Do this for 10 minutes 2-3 times a day.
- Stretch the top and the bottom of your foot. Apply Nature’s Gem Rejuvenating Balm to top and bottom of foot before beginning the stretching to loosen tight muscles and help with circulation.
- With the palm of your hand on the pad of your foot, wrap your fingers around the top of your toes.
- Gently pull down on your toes to stretch the top part of your foot. Hold for 30 -45 seconds then slowly release.
- Gently push your toes backwards to stretch the arch and pad of the foot. Hold for 30-45 seconds then slowly release.
- Repeat b. and c. sequence 10 times.
- Use a foot massage roller to stretch the bottom of your foot. This can be found in running stores, on Amazon or Dicks Sporting Goods. Place the roller under your foot. Make sure your knee is facing straight.
- Standing or sitting – place the roller under your arch. Gently press your foot into the roller, making sure to have equal pressure from the left side to the right side of the foot.
- With the roller in the middle of your arch, begin to move the roller under your foot, as straight as you can, towards your toes then back to the center of the foot. The goal is to roll it straight ahead to ensure proper pressure on the foot and alignment. Repeat 10 times
- With the roller in the middle of your arch, begin to move the roller under your foot, as straight as you can, towards your heel then back to the center of the foot. The goal is to roll it straight ahead to ensure proper pressure on the foot and alignment. Repeat 10 times
- With the roller placed on the heel of your foot, begin to move it towards your toes then back to the heel. Try to keep it straight. Repeat 5 times.
- Rub Nature’s Gem Rejuvenating Balm after to reduce inflammation and sooth the ligaments in the foot.