There is a lot of talk about CBD on social media, the news, however, watch out for the comments that it will “cure” something. Rather, we feel using CBD is one piece to add to your lifestyle for whole body health.
No one wants to constantly feel their body aching, their mind stressed/depressed/anxious, feel they are overweight, and so on. It’s easy to rely on quick fixes (pills, medication, crash diets, etc.) to try to feel better. If you are not feeling well, your body is talking to you and it’s time to take inventory of how you are treating yourself.
Before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, my body constantly told me something was not right. I could not digest certain foods, didn’t feel good after working out, became forgetful, had a lack of energy, etc. I should have listened to my body, because all these little “tells” became triggers to larger health issues.
Below are four beginning areas we should monitor daily with our bodies, as these are most common areas we overlook.
What am I eating?
- Am I eating vegetables and fruits, or mainly processed foods?
- Processed foods triggers inflammation in the body.
Am I getting enough exercise?
- Our bodies are meant to move, versus sitting at a desk, in front of the television, xbox, etc. much of the day. Yet, it happens because of our jobs and lifestyle.
- Make 10,000 steps a day a goal. Start with smaller goals, such as 3,000 steps a day.
Are we exercising too much, and adding more pressure on an already stressed system?
- After your work out, if you feel better for a shorter and shorter amount of time, you are adding on stress to your body.
- Even worse, after your workout, rather than feeling energized, your body crashes.
- It’s okay to slow down intensity until your body is back in balance.
Are getting enough water daily!
- Not getting enough water not only affects how your body feels, it affects our minds.
- By drinking the optimal amount of water for your body, you will feel an increase in energy, boost your immune system, rid your body of toxins, promote healthy digestion, and much more!
For more detailed discussion on this topic click here for full article.
Lisa Baskfield is a Certified Pilates Instructor who has been dealing with a life altering illness Fibromyalgia, for over nine years. Read her personal story.